Thean Hou Temple - Malaysia

by - abril 02, 2020

 

This is one of the oldest and largest temples in Southeast Asia, right in the center of it, in the Kuala Lumpur, capital of Malaysia, located along Jalan Klang Lama.
The temple has six tiers, with an architecture influenced by Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism, builted in honour of the Goddes Queen of Heaven (or Thean Hou, known as the protector of the fishermen).


The temple was opened in 1989, built by Kuala Lumpur's Hainanese community. Inside, there is a modern Buddhist pagoda and plenty of Buddha images enshrined in the octagonal hall. There is also a statue of Tian Hou which sits between the Goddess of the Waterfront and the Goddess of Mercy. It also features a Chinese medicinal herbs garden, a tortoise pond and a sacred Boddhi tree. It's a popular wedding venue among KL’s Chinese locals and even conducts fortune telling readings as well as traditional Chinese exercise and martial arts activities such as Qigong, tai-chi and wushu classes. The reason I want to go here... well, since I'm learning and discovering my religion and my feelings with God, Buddhism is one of the religions that I'm really interested and want to know more, and I always like to visit beautiful religious sightseeings since I always feel I'm closer to God and to myself.

How to visit:
There's a minibus (number 27?) from the Klang bus terminal that takes you to Jalan Syed Putra and the temple is only a short walk away.It's open daily from 9am to 6pm. There is no entrance fee and no dress code, but just remember you're in "sacred ground" so please don't just go there with your bikini.

Happy journeys in Malaysia!

You May Also Like

0 comentários